What makes you unique? It is not a chance to reveal unusual habits or peculiarities during an interview. It’s an opportunity to show the interviewer why you’d be the most extraordinary person for the job while also showing your ability to think quickly.
You frequently find that you are effortless through tests and exams but get nervous during interviews. Interview anxiety is expected; it may be caused by genuine shyness, a lack of confidence, or a phobia. People are more confident when they are informed of the questions they will ask. Therefore, preparing in advance for the frequent questions is a good idea.
What makes you unique is a question frequently asked in job interviews across various disciplines. Here are some basic facts to assist you in comprehending the purpose of asking this question. Learn how to impress the interviewer the best by reading this.
Why do they ask this question?
To learn more about the applicants, the recruiters schedule interviews. Tests and exams can evaluate a candidate’s knowledge and cognitive skills, but interviews are the only way to learn about a candidate’s personality and attitude. They ask you this straightforward personality-related question because they want to know:
How do you stand out from the competition?
If you want others to see your positive qualities, you must have a high opinion of yourself. This is true not only in your work but also in your personal life. The query enables the hiring manager to comprehend how you set yourself out from a bunch of candidates with comparable credentials.
Your level of creativity as a participant?
Even in our technologically advanced society, many businesses still need a little bit of ingenuity to succeed. Answering ambiguous queries like this enables recruiters to determine whether you have creative abilities. Thus, a candidate should make sure that his response conveys confidence.
The question also helps narrow the many appealing entries to their ideal prospect. It assists them in removing unsuitable options and choosing their excellent staff.
What qualities are they seeking in their ideal applicant?
Realizing what the company means by an ideal applicant may prove to be a difficult task for you. Distinct job kinds may require different qualities in a candidate. Depending on your profession and the designation you have applied for, their requirements could change. They look for competencies that are appropriate for the given field. They also seek experience in a related field, which could aid the applicant in quickly grasping the tasks assigned.
Also Read: HTML Interview Questions and Answers
How do the ideal qualities change according to the field?
The amount of effort required of an individual varies greatly depending on the profession. Even the interviews reveal this distinction. Although the interview questions for many disciplines may appear identical, each field has a different intended response. Management, Finance and Accounts, Human resources and Development, and Marketing and Sales Positions are typical jobs.
1. Management Position: To be successful in the position, the applicant for a management position needs to have a variety of talents. Some of the specific abilities required are listed below:
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work in coordination with a team
- Good leadership skills
- Scheduling and organising skills
- Time management skills
- Risk-taking abilities
- Ability to manage database
2. Jobs in finance and accounting: The finance sector differs from managerial positions. The following traits are some of the prerequisites for careers in the finance industry:
- Perfecting accounting and record-keeping skills
- Ability to maintain secrecy in the profession
- Discretion regarding critical information
- Great understanding of clauses and financial laws
3. Human Resource and Development Positions: These positions require a wide range of human skills. Following are some essential abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interact with people and handle their problems
- Good understanding of hierarchy in an organisation
4. Marketing and Sales Jobs: Direct interactions between employees and consumers are necessary for these positions. The following are a few competencies required of employees:
- Ability to market a product or a service by highlighting positive traits
- Good communication skills
- Great target achieving skills
- Time management skills
- Good interaction with team members
It would be best if you worded your reply so that the recruiter believes you are the ideal candidate for the position.
Answers that may trap you include:
The worst-case situation during an interview is being caught by your response to one of the questions. Using language carefully can help you stay out of trouble. Here are some common examples where people get caught by their answers:
Contrary to the organization’s interest: In your zeal to share your unique quality, you can frequently express something that contradicts what the organization needs or wants. Consider applying for a job as a technical writer and telling the hiring managers that you are a skilled poet. The board may view you as a misfit if they are not searching for writers with flowery language, improved vocabulary, and exceptional originality. They are looking for people that can speak plainly to a technical audience while conveying complex information.
Irrelevant to the post you are interviewing for or the context of your skillset: If you were to apply for a job as a web content writer and mention that you are a fantastic vocalist, would that help you in any way? Does it improve your profile? No, so you must be careful not to mention that quality while responding to an open-ended question like this.
Answers that could help you pass include:
Review the responsibilities of the position you’re applying for a day before the interview. Look into the unique abilities useful in this specific position or title. You will gain a better understanding of the skills that are desired. Be careful to phrase your response in a way that highlights the skills you have that are necessary for successfully performing in your new career. Only mention abilities that you can use.
Your distinctiveness needs to fit their needs. Your response should demonstrate that you know the title or role you are about to assume. This increases the interviewers’ faith in your talents.
Click here to read more daily updated blogs.