If yes, then you should get ready to take part in the revolution of the taxi booking app company online.
Therefore, if you’re thinking of developing an app similar to Uber it is essential to take a look at this.
Taxi booking apps such as Uber, Lyft, and Curb have made travel easier for travelers which allows users to enjoy a more enjoyable experience. They’ve made travel more comfortable. All you need to do is to book their taxi services from any location and in just a few minutes, it will arrive at the specified address.
The question is what are the key elements to consider in the development of an Uber-like application?
If you plan to develop a taxi booking app extremely intuitive and captivating taxi booking app it is necessary to create two distinct apps that are linked to the identical administration panel. They include:
- The Passenger App
- The Driver App
Must Have Features in the Passenger App
- Registration tab: First thing users must complete is sign up using an email address or the social networks. For online payment the customer can also enter their bank account and card information.
- Booking tab: You must provide clients a booking interface which allows them to input the details of their pick-up location and drop off point.
- Calculator for the total estimated cost: This feature offers customers an approximate estimate of the cost of their trip prior to booking their taxi.
- Tab for selecting taxis: You must give customers the option of choosing the kind of vehicle they’d prefer to travel in , as well as cost per kilometer and per minute.
- Tools for tracking: When customers hire a taxi they want to be aware of the location of their taxi and how long it takes for the taxi to be there or get to the desired location.
- Review tab: Today people love to share their experiences with the world, whether positive or negative. They look through the reviews and ratings of the driver of their taxi when they make a booking for a taxi. Therefore, your app should have the option of “Submit Your Review” or “Rate Your Driver.”
- Communication tab: Sometimes customers prefer to make a call to their driver to inquire about where the taxi is located or to give the driver the exact location of pick-up. A tab for communication, like one that has the contact number of the driver or the option to call allows passengers to talk with drivers for a seamless booking and a pleasant journey.
Must Have Features in the Drivers’ App:
- Driver Profile update tab As with the passenger app, your driver’s application should also include an option to sign up for drivers. You can provide complete information, including updated status and their full profile. Additionally, they must give their license number to verify their identity. It will also inform the recruiter of their availability.
- Notification of a push message It will immediately notify the driver whenever someone in the region makes a reservation for a taxi app. After that, they’ll be required to get to the pickup location using the most efficient way in the least amount of time.
- Tab for Fare Calculator Your Driver App should also include a fare calculator that gives the driver an estimate of the price of the ticket, as well as discount coupons that are applied by the user.
- Taxi sharing facility Recently, the taxi sharing service has grown in popularity among urban travelers. This allows users to share the entire cost with other passengers and also save money. The Driver App should incorporate this new feature for sharing taxi to make sure that the driver knows whether his taxi was shared or not. He should be notified of pickup and drop off locations to all passengers on the app.
- Tab for Income Drivers, you must create a report section so that they can review their earnings and pay during their travels over the course of a week or month.
The app development project such as Uber is complicated and must include these essential features:
Learn about geo-location:
The taxi booking apps totally depend on the Global Positioning System (GPS) that helps locate the current location of the driver or taxi. The problem is that GPS technologies differ for Android as well as iOS devices, and you must first possess an understanding of the exact. Geo-location services are based on three essential elements:
- Accessing the area
- In addition, you can provide the details for navigation
- Offering mapping software
The login Registration or driver/user profile page:
This feature is available to passengers as well as drivers. as well as the driver’s application. Through this sign up process, businesses can create an account database for customers. Create an experience for onboarding your customers smoothly and easy with a good UX/UI design or they will quit using your app.
You can nominate drivers by confirming the photo ID of the driver along with a driver’s license. The background verification process is essential when it comes to securing drivers.
To get a better understanding of the experience of customers, incorporate the feedback and rating section and ask them to make a comment about the actions and conduct of the driver.
In addition, there is dynamic pricing that is available in the event of overcrowding and the availability of the taxi.
There are specific rules that taxi companies must adhere to when accepting payments. The information on the card must be secured. Android users can pay for the transaction using Google Wallet while iOS users are able to use Apple Pay for the same.
Designing the user interface and experience:
Every app developer would like their app to stand out from other apps. Keep in mind that experience transforms users into brand ambassadors. The designers of your app must consider UX principles in the design of interfaces for your application to provide ease of use as well as better clarity and accessibility.
Budget is a crucial aspect when creating the Uber-like app. Be sure to choose the most reliable mobile app development firm for accurate pricing details.
If you’ve invested a significant amount of money into the taxi booking app surely you’ll want to earn an impressive return. Don’t think of high returns as Uber since the company already has its reputation on the market.
Soft Suave Technologies is a mobile app development company to develop a taxi booking app, call us today to receive a no-cost estimate.