The problem of urine leakage or urinary incontinence in women can be due to menopause or delivery, know about the beneficial yoga asanas for this problem.
From keeping the body healthy and fit to make it flexible, the importance of yoga is the most. People have been practicing yoga in India for centuries. By practicing yoga regularly, both the mental and physical health of a person remains right. If yoga is practiced in the right way, then it also benefits all the organs of the body like the bladder, etc. Urine leakage is a problem related to the bladder in many people. This problem is mostly seen in women. And in this problem, urine often leaks while coughing or sneezing. Health can be badly affected by this problem. Although there are many remedies to get rid of this problem, if you want to get rid of it in a natural way, then yoga practice will be the best option for you. Today we are going to tell you about some such yoga asanas or exercises, whose regular practice can get rid of the problem of urinary incontinence or urine leakage.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you can join the Retreat for Depression.
Yoga for the problem of urinary incontinence or urine leakage:
The problem of urinary incontinence or urine leakage in women can be due to menopause or childbirth etc. Due to this problem, many times people also start having mental problems. Due to this, a situation of embarrassment can also arise for working women in the workplace. In this problem, there is often frequent urination while coughing or sneezing. You can practice these yoga asanas regularly to avoid this problem.
1. Malasana or Garland Pose
Regular practice of Malasana yoga is considered very beneficial in the problem of urine leakage or urinary incontinence. While practicing this asana, both the hands are in the posture of salutation and in such a situation it seems that a garland is lying around the neck. This is the reason why this asana is named Malasana. Regular practice of this asana is useful for women troubled by the problem of urine leakage.
Method of doing Malasana:
- To practice Malasana, first lay a mat on flat ground.
- Now come into a squat position keeping the legs straight at an equal distance.
- Keep an equal gap between the knees and the legs.
- After this, now try to spread your thighs and take them outside the body.
- Now slowly while exhaling, lean forward.
- Rest the elbows of both the hands on the inner thighs.
- After this, now hold your ankles and stay in this pose for some time.
2. Kegel or pelvic floor muscle exercises
Regular practice of Kegel or pelvic floor muscle exercises strengthens the bladder of women and improves its functionality. Its regular practice is considered extremely beneficial in the problem of urine leakage. In this exercise, pressure is put on the muscles of the pelvic floor, which is beneficial in the problem of bladder and leakage.
Ways to exercise Kegel or pelvic floor muscles:
- To practice this exercise, first of all, sit comfortably in the position of Sukhasana.
- If you have trouble sitting, you can also lie down with your knees bent.
- After this, by focusing on your pelvic floor, keep the muscles tight.
- After tightening the muscle, slowly apply pressure on it.
- And repeat this process about 30 to 40 times.
- Before doing this exercise, make sure to empty your bladder.
3. Glute Bridge
Women get benefits in many problems by doing regular practice of glute bridge exercise. Regular practice of this benefits the genital and pelvic area. This exercise is also known as Bridge Pose. By practicing glute bridge, women also get benefit from the problem of cramps during periods.
How to do Glute Bridge Exercise:
- To practice the glute bridge, lie on your back on the floor with your legs extended.
- During this, the feet should be at a distance from the hip.
- Now in this pose, while exhaling slowly, contract the stomach and lift the glute muscles slightly.
- Now stabilize the body with the help of your heels.
- After staying in this pose for some time, come to the starting position.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can learn the 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
By doing regular practice of these yoga asanas, you will get benefit from the problem of urine leakage or urinary incontinence. In the beginning, before practicing these asanas, definitely consult your doctor or an expert. We hope you liked this information.