What is airport management?
Airport Management is used to refer to the administrative support of the airport. It includes overseeing all the functional and operational activities of the airport, ensuring that flights run smoothly on time, moderate air traffic, and managing revenue generation at the airport.
Given the importance of responsibilities, the role demands a great deal of knowledge and practical training in the field. Thus, candidates aspiring for the role need to be fully prepared for what the job profile demands of them. This is done through airport management courses which impart the necessary knowledge and training to the aspirants to pursue a flourishing career in their desired field.
More about the role of airport management
The person responsible for airport management is called an airport manager or airport administrator. They are responsible for overseeing the administration of the airport, supervising the staff, planning the budget, and managing the marketing and revenue of the airport.
Airport Managers get a bountiful salary and numerous perks that provide for a luxurious life.
What are airport management courses?
There are several courses to prepare oneself for the role of an Airport Manager. Airport management courses prepare the candidates for handling the administration of the airport which includes overseeing tasks related to its functions and operations.
These courses can be pursued after the 12th and include under-graduation and post-graduation courses. Some of them are given below:
- BBA in airport management
- Aircraft maintenance technology
- Bachelor in Airport Management
- Certificate in Airport Ground Personnel Services
- B.E.— Aerospace engineering
- Commercial Pilot Licence Training
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- MBA in Airport Management
- Diploma in Airport Land Management Training
- Diploma in airport management
- Diploma in Aviation Hospitality
- Diploma in airline and ticket management
What makes airport management courses different from others?
1. Booming industry:
Travel is an important activity be it for business or leisure. Travelling businesses are expanding their markets to encompass a greater population under their vacation plans. Aviation is a rapidly growing industry within the field of travel with an increase of 20 percent travellers every year. Thus aviation is a prospective industry to look for employment.
2. International recognition:
Airport management courses are recognized internationally. The certification received in the course from any country would be valid and accepted internationally. This gives immense weightage to Airport Management courses as they have an edge over every other course or certification. International recognition is a big benefit and increases the career prospect of an Indian drastically.
3. A Kickstarter to your tourism career dreams:
Airport Management is the best way to learn about and train oneself in the tourism industry. One can employ the experience gained from this role in their own business and establish a travel agency of their own and become a travel advisor.
4. Encourage leisure:
One of the best perks of these courses is that they prepare you for an industry that encourages leisure as well. Aviation managers often get discounts on their travel and vacations as part of their package. No other industry encourages its employees to go on holiday!
5. Management prospects:
Since airport management courses provide you with a thorough understanding of management one can use this knowledge in other opportunities within aviation as well. Best colleges to pursue Airport Management courses in India
- Kristu Jayanti College – [KJC], Bangalore
- Andhra Loyola College – [ALC], Vijayawada
- Parul University, Vadodara
- Mumbai University – [MU], Mumbai
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Jaipur
- Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics – [IIAG], Gurgaon
- IIMT College of Management, Greater Noida
- AIMS Institutes, Bangalore
- Presidency University, School of Management, Bangalore
- Royal Global University – [RGU], Guwahati
- Acharya Bangalore B-School – [ABBS], Bangalore
Airport management courses provide an amazing opportunity to find employment in one of the most rapidly growing sectors in the world. They provide the relevant knowledge along with hands-on training in important aspects that helps you secure a good position with a decent package. Once you receive your degree, you can apply for opportunities anywhere around the globe since the certification is valid and recognized everywhere in the international market. Thus, airport management courses are a valuable addition to your CV, making you eligible for an international career.