If your Sage 50 software message text is “Error loading current company file,” this could mean one of two things. One, there may be an issue with the company file itself. Or two, there could be the possibility that your system is unable to open the company files and the company files are missing after a server update. Before troubleshooting this error, it’s important to know what caused it.
Causes of Sage 50 Error Loading Company File
It’s often difficult to identify the true cause of a Sage 50 error. In some cases, it may be that you just need to take the right actions in order to fix the error. This is why it’s helpful to know what could have caused the error, so you can get your business moving again and keep customers happy.
- In order to open a company file, this error may occur. When this occurs, the system can’t find the file that you’re trying to open.
- The error occurs when you try to start the system, without installing an update first.
- If a system is not updated with service release on time, sage error may occur.
- If you still have the issues after restoring your backup, make sure that the release is in line with the original.
- PC build or release is not the same across all PCs on a network.
How to Solving Sage 50 Unable to Open Company File
If the software is unable to open your company file, it may be because you have used Sage 50 software to open it.
Here is a list of solutions to Sage 50 not being able to open the company files.
Solution 1: Incorrect Icon:
- If you’re not currently using the correct application icon, completely replace it with the one below.
- If you are currently using the Taskbar to access the program, you need to uninstall it. However, the program will use the same settings and versions. This is because the software was replaced by a newer one with updated features.
Solution 2: Run the program in administrator mode. Here are the steps you must take:
- First, close Sage 50.
- Go to the Sage 50 software gear icon and select Properties.
- Now select the Run as Administrator option.
- Then, open the Company File.
- Now, move the content to a new location on the hard drive and assign the appropriate rights. Then, click the Add Permissions button.
- SAJ folder and the.SAI files must be copied to the C drive.
- In the user permissions settings, add “Everyone.”
- Make sure that you have the latest revision of the file folder by comparing the date in your SAJ to the date on your RSJ.
- Close the file and reopen it.
Solution3: Verify that the MySqld.exe file is not locked in Task Manager
- Double-check that you have the right coverage and that all users are signed out.
- To find the Task Manager, go to the Windows folder and look for “Taskman.”Check that you have selected the show process from all users.
- Discover a way to end all of Mysqld.exe processes below.
- After any of your processes have failed and closed, they will now be retried on all workstations.
- First, check to see ifmysqld.exe is locked. The following steps are the steps you must take in the Task Manager window.
- Make sure Sage 50 is close and the Task Manager is open.
- Check to see if the all-users’ id checkmarks are present; if so, start processes.
Solution4: Look for corrupted files
- To begin, go to the backup of the document and restore it from there.
- If the company file doesn’t open, the first thing to do is make a backup of it..
- It is then recommended that you seek assistance from experienced aspirants in order to fix the data.
Solution 5: The missing files or hidden file
- Navigate to the location of your Sage 50 company file.
- Locate the .SAJ folder and then examine the required files and folders.
Solution 6: Make sure you have the most recent version of Sage 50
- First, download the most recent updates.
- Manually install the update on the system. It would be in the following directory DIR: Download Sage Software Simply Accounting from C: Users/Public\Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\ Download.
How to Fix Sage 50 Error Loading Current Company File?
If you are getting the “Sage 50 Error Loading Current Company File” message when opening your company file, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem.
First, make sure that you have the latest version of Sage installed. If you are using an older version of Sage, or if your computer is not up to date, then you may experience this error.
Second, make sure that your company file is in the correct location on your computer. You can find your company file by going to:
Documents -> Sage 50 -> My Documents -> sage50 -> companies
If the file is not located in this location, then you may need to copy it over to this location.
Third, you may be experiencing errors due to compatibility issues between Sage and your computer. If you are not sure whether or not compatibility issues are causing the error, then you can try running a scan with Spybot S&D to see if any malware is preventing Sage from opening your company file correctly.
If none of these solutions work for you, then you may need to contact customer support for help troubleshooting the issue. With our help, you’ll save time and money by getting Sage 50 live Chat Support 24/7.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is the “Sage 50 unable to open company file” error?
If a user is using the correct version to open the data file (for example, Sage 50 Accounts not opening after update), but not the company file, they will encounter errors when converting from an old version to the newest one. It usually happens because they used a wrong version of Sage to open their company file.
How do I open a company file in Sage 50?
Open a company within Sage 50
In the File menu, select Open Company. If prompted, choose whether you want to keep the current company open or not. Sage 50 will display the Open Company window when ready.
Choose the name of your company from the list. If this is not the right one, press Cancel or Back to start over.
What are the different ways to fix Sage 50 Unable to Open Company File?
The following are some possible solutions to this error:
- Inspecting errorlog.txt
- To save your document, make sure that the file attributes are not set to Read-Only or Hidden.
- User Account Control is preventing access.
- Look for any errors in the Advanced Database Check log.
- Turn off Antivirus and Real-Time Scanners.
- Check to see if the SAJ folder contains any duplicate files, etc.
Why is my Sage 50 not opening?
When Sage 50 2022 isn’t working, there are a few solutions you can try. First, try to see if the program is install correctly on your computer. If it’s not and you’re able to uninstall and re-install the program, that should fix the issue. Another solution is to make sure your computer has the latest updates installed.