Are you planning to get rid of QuickBooks error code 3180? If yes, then this post will surely help you. QuickBooks error code 3180 can be experienced when using QuickBooks desktop sales tax item is not associated with any vendor. The user can also experience the same issue when the account mapping of sales tax payable account is incorrect. In case one or more items on receipts have the sales tax payable account selected as the target account. The error is often seen on the screen with the following warning signs: Status code: 3180 Status message: There was an error when saving an Employees list, element “Employee, Name” or Status code 3180: There was a problem with saving the General Journal Transaction. Or Status code 3180: …QuickBooks error message: A/P (or A/R) detail line must have a vendor. Or Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid. Or Status code 3180: Status message: There was an error when saving an Items list, element “XXXXXXXX”. QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid. 140108 payment item lookup error “XXXXXXXX”. To know more about this issue, make sure to read the post till the end.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 3180
The below steps can be of some help in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 3180 successfully:
Methods to fix the issue
The user can implement any of the below methods to get rid of the error in QuickBooks successfully. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Merge items in QuickBooks
The steps below can help the user to merge items in QuickBooks successfully:
- At first, the user should open QuickBooks desktop
- Followed by heading to the list
- After that move to the item
- One should then choose to include inactive
- Now, go for the type header to sort the list
- And then right-click the payment item that begins with point of sale
- The next step is to select edit items
- After that add OLD to the item name
- The next step is to choose edit item
- Now, remove OLD
- The user should also choose OK tab
- And then run the financial exchange from you point of sale
- The next step is to merge the duplicate items
- And also, right-click the payment method with OLD
- Once done with that choose edit item
- After that remove OLD
- And also go for OK tab
- At last, click on yes to confirm
Method 2: Opt for tax preferences
This can be done by using the steps below.
- Start with opening QuickBooks point of sale
- And then head to the file option
- Now, select preferences
- And also the company option
- The user should then click on accounts under financial
- And click the basic and advanced tabs
- Lastly, make QuickBooks sales tax payable is only listed in the sales tax row. And change it and run financial exchange if it not.
You may also read: How to rectify Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
By the end of this post, we hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 3180. However, if for some reason the error continued to trouble the user, then consult our experts at +1-888-351-0999 is suggested. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance.
See Also: Blogsteak