In today’s technological world, printers have become an indispensable part of accomplishing personal and professional documentation work. Canon Printer is the most authentic and affordable device that manages all the printing tasks in an effortless manner. Although it’s a fact Canon Printer serves proficient printing solutions, the Printer In Error State issue can also arise. When your printer is in an error state, you will not print anything. In order to swiftly eradicate this problem, you need to ensure that the Canon Printer Offline mode is not set in your printer’s settings. If it is so, bring your printer in an online state first and then attempt to print. Furthermore, you can continue reading the blog from top-to-toe!
Reasons For Canon Printer In Error State
Before solving the Printer In Error State issue, it is required to locate the root cause for its appearance. Thus, in the below-listed points, the most feasible reasons are enumerated. Give a glimpse only:
- Most probably, the drivers are inappropriately and incompletely installed on your Windows PC.
- The Canon Printer Offline state is adjusted on your computer.
- Internet Connectivity issues could also lead to the printer being in an error state.
- Maybe the USB cables are not tightly connected to both devices.
- Having issues in the port settings can also trigger the Printer In Error State
- Maybe the driver installed against your Canon Printer has gone out of date.
Efficient Solving Methods To Fix Printer In Error State
An extensive Printer and computer knowledge are required in order to take your Canon Printer out of its error state. There are numerous solutions you can try in getting your printer out of the error state and running smoothly. All possible effectual solutions are at your fingertips. You only have to go through each solution one after another unless the printer starts printing without throwing any error message. Let’s begin!
Solution 1: Make Sure Canon Printer Is In Online Mode
When you give a print command to your Canon Printer for quality printouts, unfortunately, your computer says Canon Printer Offline. It can drive you up the wall because so many print jobs are stuck inside the print queue in spite of delivering them. Thus, it is extensively essential to check and confirm that your Canon Printer is in online mode. Here’s how:
- First, open the Windows Search Box on your PC, type “Control Panel”, and then hit the “Enter” key.
- Thereafter, give a click on the “Device and Printer” tab and choose your Printer Model
- If the printer is in an Offline state, place the right click on it and uncheck the option of “Use Printer Offline.”
- After properly applying these tricks, your printer will be turned into online mode.
- Hence, your error state in the Canon printer issue has been finally resolved.
If still, the Printer Is In Error State, move on to the next solving tricks.
Solution 2: Set The Print Spooler Service To Automatic Mode
To frequently execute this method without any disruption, follow the below-noted steps:
- First, press the “Windows logo + R” keys simultaneously to evoke the run dialog box.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the search field and hit the “Enter” key.
- Afterward, slightly scroll down the Window and find the print spooler service in the right pane.
- Further, make sure the spooler service is set to “Start”.
- Now, point to the spooler and give a right-click on it to select the “Properties” option.
- Now, click on the “General” tab and choose the startup type to “Automatic” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click the “Apply” & “OK” button.
- Now, close the service window and restart your PC.
- Finally, your Printer In Error State issue is been sorted out.
If still the Canon printer is in an error state, move on to the next solving tricks.
Solution 3: Make Sure The Canon Printer Is In “Set as Default” Mode
If the printer is not set as a default printer, the Canon Printer Offline error will occur during your print job. Thus, ensure it using the following course of action:
- First, open Control Panel from the Run dialog box.
- Give a click on the “Device and Printers” link.
- Select the icon of your Canon printer and hit a right-click on it.
- Choose the option “Set as Default Printer” from the list.
- Once you place a click on it, your printer will appear with a green checkmark.
- Finally, your printer is set on ‘Default Mode’ and now you can resume your print job.
These troubleshooting guidelines might have resolved your Printer In Error State problem. If the same error yet exists, move on to the next fixing guide.
Solution 4: Update Your Printer Driver
An outdated or faulty driver may create trouble in printing and ultimately be responsible for Canon Printer In Error State issue. Therefore, it is necessary to update your driver in order to rectify this issue. Here’re the proactive ways to do so:
- First, open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the Windows logo + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box and hit the “Enter” key.
- Doing so, the Device Management Window will appear.
- From the Device Management Window, go to the “Print queues” category and click on it to expand its menus.
- Thereafter, give a right-click on the printer device and then choose the “Update Driver” option.
- To continue, click the “Automatically search for updated driver software” link.
- Once the driver gets updated, restart your PC.
- Now, in the end, the Error State of your Canon printer will be resolved.
For Advanced Troubleshooting Tips, Dial 24/7 Canon Printer Support Number
We hope your Canon Printer Offline is been converted into online and the printer has come out of its error state finally. If still, you have difficulties in printing your document, you can connect with us. The top-most qualified engineer will lend you an effective hand in your budget. Hence, feel free to call the given helpline number and get in touch with us unless your printer problem gets annihilated from the root.