Looking for the procedure to fix QuickBooks error code 12057? If yes, then reading this post till the end will surely help. This is a common error format used by Windows and other Windows-compatible software and driver vendors when the user performs any activity on QuickBooks. This error can be caused if the network server is blocking the QuickBooks accounting software. There can be a bunch of other factors as well causing this issue, which we will be discussing later in this segment. To know more, make sure to read this post carefully till the end.
What triggers QuickBooks Payroll Error 12057?
The below set of factors can trigger this error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- In case QuickBooks is unable to access to the network server
- Another reason can be if there is an issue with the Internet connection
- The user can also end up in such an error if the firewall and Internet Security Settings in return block the connection
- If the internet security setting connection blocks QuickBooks
- Improper SSL network settings can also trigger this error in QuickBooks
Steps to eliminate the issue
The below set of steps can help the user in getting rid of the error permanently.
- At first, the user needs to start the computer and log on as an administrator.
- Once done with that click the Start button
- Now choose All Programs, Accessories, System Tools
- And click on System Restore.
- In the new window, select the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option
- Hit the next tab
- Head to the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list
- Hit next
- Once done with that click on Next on the confirmation window.
- And also reboot the computer when the restoration is finished.
Steps to effectively eliminate the issue in QuickBooks
The below set of steps can be performed to eliminate the issue from its root cause. Let us have a look:
Verify the hosting status of each of the computers
For Single-User Access-
- Make sure to exit from the Hosting mode:
- Also, note that exiting from Hosting mode disables multi-user
- You are required to select the File, then head to Utility and here look for the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- After the message stating Stop hosting multi-user access” appears on your computer screen, hit yes tab
- And when Company file must close message appears on your screen, hit yes tab once again
For Multi-User Access:
- You need to perform the steps on every user computer demonstrating the error
- Simply head to the No Company Open option
- After that click on the File menu, and choose the Utility option.
- Now, cross-check whether the menu option Host Multi-User Access is demonstrated.
- One or more users’ computers might show the menu selection, Halt Hosting Multi-User Access, which shows that they are at present using hosting multi-user access.
- Now, on any user computer showing the Discontinue Hosting Multi-User Access
- Click on the same option, and perform the instructions to exit from hosting.
- Make sure to run the files again and check if the issue is resolved or not
This brings us to the end of this post, where we believe that the steps above might have helped you in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 12057. However, if there is any query or if you need our assistance at any point in time, then feel free to consult our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with immediate support services. We are a team of experts who work to provide the best possible QuickBooks support services.
Read also: Blogsteak