From an application to passport delivery, it indeed is a long procedure to follow. However, despite the lengthy nature of the passport application process, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has devised a quick mechanism. That quick mechanism is called Tatkal Passport. Tatkal Passport is one of the services that people can apply for on Passport Seva Online. For fast passport issuance, Apply for Tatkal Passport. Furthermore, Tatkal passports make it possible for anyone who needs to travel abroad quickly to apply for and receive their passport.
Steps to apply for a Tatkal Passport
The simple steps for applying for a Tatkal passport are outlined below. You can find a complete manual here; thus, adhere to them precisely.
- Start by creating an account on the Passport Seva website.
- Use your ID and password to log in.
- There you will get two choices: Fresh and Reissue. Select the option as per your requirements.
- Next, choose “Tatkal” from the list of scheme types.
- Please fill out the application form after downloading it.
- After that, submit your form online.
- Finish the payment process.
- You’ll receive the online payment receipt that you can print.
- Finally, schedule an application at the nearby Passport Service Kendra
Tatkal Passport Fees Payment
The Tatkal passport fee schedule and payment procedure are listed below:
|36-page new passport with a 10-year expiration date (including minors 15 to 18 years who want to get a 10 years full validity passport).||Rs.3,500|
|New Passport of 60 pages with 10 years of validity.||Rs.4,000|
|Fresh Passport for Minors -below 15 years of age for 10 years validity.||NA|
|If the original passport is lost, destroyed, or stolen, a 36-page duplicate is available.||Rs.5,000|
60-page duplicate passport for a lost, broken, or stolen one.
|Police Clearance Certificate/ECNR/Additional Endorsements.||NA|
|If you have changed your address, name, date of birth, place of birth, appearance, spouse’s name, name of your parents or legal guardian, or any other personal information, please fill out the 36-page form below (10 years validity).||Rs.3,500|
|In the event of a change to an individual’s address, name, date of birth, place of birth, appearance, spouse’s name, name of their parents or legal guardian, or any other personal information (60 pages) with a 10-year expiration date.||Rs.4,000|
|If you have changed your address, name, birth date, place of birth, appearance, legal guardian’s name, or any other personal information pertaining to a child, please contact us (36 pages).||Rs.3,000|
Fee Payment Modes
Applicants can make payments for the passport online in three different methods.
- Credit or debit card
- Web-Internet banking
- Bank challan for SBI
Tatkal Scheme Eligibility
Under this system, the jurisdictional passport office has the final say about passport issuing. Furthermore, this would rely on the applicant’s urgency and other strong arguments. Under the Tatkal program, applicants who fall into the following category are not eligible to apply or reapply for a passport.
- Indian citizens born outside of India (Indian descent).
- Indian nationals who obtained citizenship status through naturalization or registration.
- Deported applicants from other nations to India.
- Applicants who have returned to their home country at the government’s expense
- Major name change
- Residents of Nagaland and Jammu & Kashmir
- Citizens of Naga descent living outside of Nagaland
- Adopted children of Indian and international patents
- Single-parent family with little children
- Children living in Nagaland
- Candidates who have recently renewed their passports
- Renewal because of a lost or stolen passport
- Application because the applicant’s passport is irreparably damaged
- Alteration of sex or appearance
- Modification of personal information, such as a signature
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport
Listed below are the documents required in order to apply for Tatkal Passport
- Verification Certificate as per Annexure F
- Any 3 of the below documents:
- Election card
- Service Photo ID Card
- Driving license
- Certificate of SC/ST/OBC
- Identity cards of Freedom Fighters
- Property documents
- Pension documents
- Railway Photo Identity card
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card issued by the Income Tax Department
- Bank passbook
- Student’s Id card from a recognized institution
- Birth certificate
- Gas connection bill
- Ration card
- Arms License
How much time does it take to get a Tatkal Passport?
Regular applications take longer to verify and process than Tatkal applications. This idea grants passports one week after the applicant provides the Passport Seva Kendra with all necessary documentation. By using this strategy, you are assured of an early appointment and expedited processing by way of a separate queue. Additionally, how the candidate feels about police verification would be a factor. The passport will be mailed within one working day of the application being submitted if the request does not require police verification. A passport application requires a police check to be completed after the passport has been issued. A passport application requires a police check to be completed after the passport has been issued. The passport will be shipped out on the third working day following the application’s receip