Usually when we move to city Manchester, We hire a residential locksmith in Manchester for the day to change our address and the locks on our door. We are never prepared for the amount of security laws that changes from state to state or city to city. Before you hire a residential locksmith in Manchester, make sure you ask these five things before you pick up the phone and call that guy.
- Ask about their fees.
- Ask about their experience.
- Ask if they’re licensed, certified and insured.
- Ask them how long it will take for them to get to your house.
- Don’t get taken advantage of by a bad locksmith, just make sure you ask these questions first.
Ask about their fees:
This is the most important thing to know because there are many companies that charge flat rates — some as high as $200 per hour — and others that charge by the job. The latter is better because they’ll only charge what it takes them to get the job done.
Ask about their experience:
You want someone who has worked on similar locks before, or at least has experience working with the type of lock you have. If not, they might accidentally break your lock and then have to replace it rather than just fix it.
Ask if they’re licensed, certified and insured:
If you need to have a locksmith come to your home, it’s important that he or she is licensed, certified and insured. A locksmith in Manchester should be able to provide you with a license number and proof of insurance. Look for these things when choosing a residential locksmith.
Ask them how long it will take for them to get to your house:
When calling a residential locksmith, be sure to ask them how long they will take to get to your house. You want the service you pay for, so don’t settle for anything less than what you expect! If they can’t give you an accurate timeframe, find another company that can meet your needs.
Don’t get taken advantage of by a bad locksmith, just make sure you ask these questions first:
What happens when the locksmith arrives and the price is more than you bargained for? Or when they don’t even show up? What if they can’t fix your lock?
It’s not just a hassle—it could be dangerous. So before you call a locksmith, here are few things you should know:
1.) What is the company’s name?
2.) What kind of technology do they use?
3.) How long have they been in business?
4) Do they have a good track record with customers?
5) Is there a fee for a service call?
6) How much does it cost to replace keys?
7) Does your company offer discounts for multiple lockouts or emergencies?
8) What payment options do you accept?
9) They should be able to provide references and testimonials from previous clients. If they don’t want to give references, that’s usually a red flag!
10) Don’t pay upfront! Make sure everything is in writing before handing over any cash. And if something does go wrong later on down the road (which it might), make sure you keep copies of any written agreements between you and locksmith.
Hopefully, with these tips in mind, you’ll be able to hire the right residential locksmith in Manchester for your needs. A good locksmith can be a lifesaver in an emergency, but a bad one can take advantage of you and leave you worse off than before. Do your homework, ask around for recommendations, and use these tips to help you avoid a costly mistake by hiring the wrong person, which is likely not someone you know from around town. Of course, if you have any further questions that weren’t answered in this article, please do feel free to leave a comment below.