About Dudhsagar Trek:
Goa is one such place which is very famous for its picturesque locations and famous tourist attractions. Amongst them, remember to not miss visiting one of the most famous and mesmerizing waterfalls in Goa- The Dudhsagar waterfalls.
It hosts a beautiful four-tiered waterfall, Dudhsagar Falls located on the Mandovi River. It is amongst India’s one of the tallest waterfalls with a height of more than 1017 ft. and an average width of 30 meters.
Best Time To Visit
During the monsoon season, June through October, the waterfall is fed by pouring and exotic rains. Visiting the falls during the monsoon is quite risky due to the slippery paths, swollen rivers and flooding. As the rain subsides, the place gets a completely different makeover. The landscape is covered with green beauty and the glorious fall cascades into green water pools. It is a breathtaking and picturesque sight to behold. Therefore the best time to visit Dudhsagar Waterfalls is between the time of October and April.
Dudhsagar Trek Highlights
- Go on this exciting and adventurous trekking expedition of 10 KM and get enchanted by the serene views.
- Witness the mesmerizing and eye-catching four-tiered waterfalls with a height of 310 meters in Goa.
- Spend some precious time at the waterfall and take a dip in the natural pool of Dudhsagar with your family and friends.
- Ease up your hunger for food with some delicious and very hygienic packed food included in the package.
Dudhsagar Trek Overview
- Activity Location: Dudhsagar, Goa
- Activity Timings: 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Activity Duration: 15 hours
- Trek Distance: 10 km
- Trek Distance: Easy to Moderate
How to reach Dudhsagar Falls?
Dudhsagar Falls is a beautiful four-tiered waterfall situated on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa. It is upto 60 km from Panaji by road and is located on the Madgaon-Belgaum rail route of about 46 km east of Madgaon and of 80 km south of Belgaum. You can easily reach it by both Public or Private Transport. Alternatively, you can also embark on this day trip after getting picked up from Baga, Calangute, Candolim, Panjim, and Arpora.
Note: Everyone above 12 years of age can easily opt to participate in the activity.
Know Before You Go for Dudhsagar Trek
- Carry at least 2 liters of water with you and keep yourself hydrated throughout the trek.
- Maintain an eco-friendly environment throughout your trek journey.
- It is recommended to wear good quality and comfortable shoes as a moderate amount of walking is necessary.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking during the tour is not permitted.
- For safety purposes, this activity is strictly not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone else that has had a major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- Participants are not allowed to carry lighter, any sharp object, luggage bag, alcohol, knife, etc.
Things to do Dudhsagar Waterfall Trek
- Enjoy the beautiful walk in the middle of the Railway Tunnel and Tracks.
- While you are on the trek of Dudhsagar falls, you will be witnessing and chasing the Western Ghats jungles of Sahyadri mountain range. You will see the mesmerizing green beauty of nature.
- You have to pass through the railway tunnel which is surrounded by green moss all around. Trust us! You will love the walk of the railway track.
- This experience will surely make a huge difference, and is unique to DudhSagar falls from other trekking destinations.
Important Things you Must Carry on Trek
- Trekking Shoes – avoid heavy shoes and wear good quality shoes. Wear lightweight but sturdy boots. You can buy them or can also rent them according to your budget.
- Raincoat – if you are planning a trek during the monsoon season, must carry a coat.
Other Things to Carry
- Torch with extra batteries
- Towel, Soap, Sanitizer
- Portable Chargers and fully charge mobile phones
- Basic medical kit
- Eating Materials- plate, cup, spoon
- News Papers
- Lighter and dry papers
- Odomos mosquito repellent cream
- Extra sanitary pads